Saturday, May 4, 2019


ap190104 Artistscripophily appreciation

Linking neighbors to Sustainable Development Goals 

Artistscripophily may be the way artists can show appreciation to supporters and connect with Sustainable Development Goals. Like options, sold for a nominal amount, art work may be redeemed at cost plus handling and shipping, or sold through a trust in the artist's family.
The proceeds may return to support artistic innovation toward SDG and the family or the community, or all three, in a manner to pay dividends.
How would this work?
The thought at the outset (the seed of this idea was in January 2019, before I knew about SDG) was by imaginative work, linking neighbors like Dr. Stan de Mello to the startups in the International Print Center Incubators and Work Places.
My neighbor Stan de Mello is a professor in the School of Social Work at the University of Washington. He is a Canadian, too, and lectures for the Canadian Studies Center. Our conversations have helped me learn more about social work.
An example of artistic innovation is linking artists trading card and game design to a farmer cooperative in Africa.
I call it, Chabana Fun.
It’s a play on the Chabana Fund, an as-yet undeveloped feature of Chabana Farms. I hit on this idea five months after I began this essay, having found a game based on chutes and ladders and made my first attempt at adapting it to my eighteenth card, Printmaking Access.
Fortunately, I met a woman from Africa, the CEO of a farming co-operative named Chabana Farms. Today – May 4, 2019 – I will prove my point as I introduce her to printmaking – a technique associated with the arts which may be useful to both of us in an EarthSafe 2022 partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment