Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School again, this time it's MOOC, which is Massively Online Open Course. I'm in my first week of GAMIFICATION taught by Kevin Werbach, a business and law professor in Pennsylvania. According to the first enrollment report, I'm in with students from 147 countries. That's outreach! Now if I can gamify a course in printmaking in a similar way, it would be worth the school effort. It reminds me of when I first went to teach at the UW and they put me in an office in the business building next door to the art building because they didn't have office space. I got my start on a slightly different road in the arts that way. I was lucky! This freed me of the blinders most artists and art professors are given when they get out of a college art school, helped me see the Big Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment