Sunday, February 4, 2018

180204 Funny feeling of a sale lost 


“Debra” requested a press via Etsy and I referred her to the manufacturer, suggesting she may buy direct from the Kughler Company. She replied, “That’s perfect.”
Now I’m looking at my current payment due from FedEx. It’s only $10, but my account is down to $22—dangerously close to being overdrawn.
It’s a funny feeling to referring, or losing, my sale of a Mini Etching Press to Debra (in Australia) but such is the nature of, once again, reinventing myself.
That’s what they call it. It’s like the time, in 1968, that I had an epiphany caused partly by seeing the art of Rolf Nesch, a print titled, “Snake Eater.” It was an epiphany only in the germinal state, but it grew over the space of a year until I was in Europe to see for myself the old printmaking world as Rolf Nesch lived it.
To escape Nazi Germany and the war, Rolf had to reinvent himself, exiling himself and going to live in Norway as a hostile, a man without a country except Germany, which was corrupted by the Third Reich regime.
Should I exile myself from the USA? I won’t be drafted into the army at 76 (Rolf was still of fighting age). Where would I go? Would Australia have me? I no longer want to teach old world printmaking, in spite the possibility I could in the land Down Under.
There is only one way to exile myself from the USA, this nation with a corrupted government and its undeclared civil war. That way is the way of virtue, or what I think of as virtual reality.

Sending the orders for presses (for the second time in the past four days) to the Kughler Company is a way of exiling myself from the old world I was part of. By doing so I am opening a new door, where I have additional time to write my autobiography and work on Proximates as long as Sevan will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment